Today after church I went with my friend Ruth (who is one of the BYU students studying at Kings College) to the Kings College Chapel, which is said to be ranked a special number out of all of the British Chapels. But I don't know how special. . .but it is breathtaking.
It's different in architecture from the Canterbury cathedral because it has "fan buttresses" instead of the typical buttresses, making for a really pretty design on the
The Kings Chapel was started in the 15th century, commissioned by King Henry VI, I believe, and it took about 90 years to build. It, like the other chapels, has really pretty stained glass windows and hand carved wood and stone work. It also has a pretty controversial altar piece by
I dare somebody to count how many times I used the word "pretty" in this post.
IT'S SO PRETTY!!!
4 comments:
Very cool stuff you're seeing! I'm getting pretty good at self-portraits, so I'll teach you. I just got back from Nashville. What a fun time. The Grand Ol' Opry is like the funnest thing I have ever done! JFK was a dump though. Who'd have thought? We didn't get to go out and about like we wanted to...bad weather, but we can when we take my engagement pics in Central park. Keep having so much fun!
Oh wow! Oh wow! I loove the pics! Those cathedrals are gorgeous I'm jealous!
Biphee 15 days without a new post, I am dying to hear about the rest of your trip!!!
I, too, can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip! Where are you now? What are you up to?
Post a Comment