Hey guys! I don't have a lot of time right now and I haven't uploaded any pics from my camera yet, but I thought I'd stop in and let you know that I blew up my surge protector (isn't that ironic. . .dontcha think?!) when I first tried to use my converter, which shorted out the whole wall of electricity. So I had to go down and not only make sure I was using the converter correctly, but also to tell them I couldn't use the cool iron I found. . . .or the tv. . .or the alarm clock or anything else plugged in there. . . they are very nice here.
My flight over went very well, I haven't slept yet, and I'm going to get ready and try and find a church. I have the address for a singles ward that is pretty close to here, I think, so I should be able to find it. I might even be lucky enough to stop by wimbledon and cheer on Nadal. He's the cute one. If I had 4000 pounds, I would sit in the center court and eat strawberries and cream and watch people drink champagne. But I don't, so I'll just stare at the big screen on the outside grounds. Good times!
I probably won't sign back on until I get to my room at Cambridge tomorrow, so I'll see you soon! Cheerio! Ok. For the record, I haven't heard anyone say that yet. But I have heard "Cheers" and the bus driver that dropped me off at my hotel sounded like burt the chimney sweep on Mary Poppins and called me "love". I love it.
Love ya!
Sunday, July 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment